Thursday, April 3, 2008

Project Bread's 40th Walk for Hunger

On Sunday, May 4, I will be participating in Project Bread's 40th Walk for Hunger. This year's event is an especially important one, and I hope that you will support me!

This year, there is a lot to celebrate. For 40 years, caring people from every background, united in the spirit of helping others, have come together to take part in this wonderful tradition to help feed hungry families in their communities.

And there is a lot we still need to do. Project Bread's 2007 Status Report on Hunger showed us that hunger is on the rise in Massachusetts, and there is a greater gap between the rich and poor here than almost anywhere else in the country. The need has never been greater.

I'm walking because I know that there are hungry people in Massachusetts, and that I can help them through The Walk for Hunger. The money that I raise by walking as much as I can of the 20-mile route will directly help hungry people. Funds raised through the Walk support more than 400 emergency food programs in 126 communities in Massachusetts.

Visit my personal Walk Webpage to learn more. From there, you can donate to me, or sign up to Walk with me!

Thank you for considering sponsoring me, and for your support of hungry people. Use the link below to visit my personal Walk Webpage and help me reach my goal.

Thank you!

Click here to visit my personal page.
If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:
http://www.projectbread.org/site/TR/Walk/General?px=1350924&pg=personal&fr_id=1100&s_tafId=15831

** Some people prefer not to enter credit card information on line so what they have done is mailed me a check. If you would like to Sponsor me this way please e-mail me and I will send you my mailing address if you do not already have it. Check should be payable to Project Bread/Walk for Hunger.

Thanks again

Karen

Karen333r@gmail.com


No comments: